David De Gea should now leave Manchester United on loan, it will be a good move for both club and player.
Dea Gea or Dean Henderson are likely to leave Old Trafford this summer, according to The Manchester Evening News.
The 30-year-old De Gea has made several errors in goal for United over the past two years and eventually lost his first-choice status to Henderson last season.
Henderson is one of the best up-and-coming goalkeepers in Europe and is expected to be Jordan Pickford’s strongest contender for the England first-choice status going forward.
It is likely that Henderson will start the new season as the first-choice shot-stopper at Old Trafford. This could hinder De Gea’s chances of starting for Spain in the 2022 World Cup.
The Spaniard is worthy of legendary status at United after having helped the club to win one Premier League title, one FA Cup, one League Cup and the Europa League.
By leaving United at this point, when it does not look like he fits into the dynamics of the club, he will be helping to preserve his status.
The report added that there are clubs in Italy and Spain that are interested in signing De Gea. He may have to take a salary cut by leaving Old Trafford but at the same time, a move away from the club could help him get vital first-team action ahead of the World Cup.
If De Gea leaves on loan, it may not necessarily mean the end of his stay at United. The club can compare and contrast his form to Henderson and recall him in January if needed.
- Aston Villa in Pole Position to Sign Wantaway Everton Star Lucas Digne
- Chelsea Boss Thomas Tuchel Delivers Verdict on Christian Pulisic’s Display Against Liverpool
- World Cup 2022 Qualification Update: Which Teams have Qualified, Which Teams Are In The Play-offs
- Tottenham Hotspur hold talks over the future of Nuno Espirito Santo
- Why Romelu Lukaku decided to join Chelsea this summer