Some Chelsea fans appear as though they would like to see the club bring Porto defender Alex Telles to London.
According to a report by A Bola, who state their information comes from British newspaper The Sun, the left-back is thought to be on Frank Lampard’s radar.
It is said that Leicester City’s Ben Chilwell is the priority, however the Blues could look at the Brazilian enforcer as an option as he is thought to have a release clause of €40million (£34m).
Twitter handle The Blues relayed the information to their follows, and despite stating that it was a “weak source”, it appears many of the Chelsea faithful would like to see Telles lining up for them in the near future.
Many of them feel the 27-year-old would be a much better option than what they currently have available to them.
Both Emerson Palmieri and Marcos Alonso have come in for criticism this season and it appears the £36m-rated man (per TransferMarkt) would solve the problem in their minds.
Here are just some of the Chelsea faithful’s thoughts on having Telles at Stamford Bridge, should the sources prove to be anything more than ‘weak’…
- Preview: England vs Ukraine Preview – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Travel & accessibility details for four key Champions League ties
- Liverpool not for sale, insists owner John Henry
- Manchester United vs Leicester City Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups
- Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Liverpool Preview – Prediction, how to watch & Potential line-ups