Some Chelsea fans on Twitter have revealed that they do not want to see Bournemouth defender Nathan Ake return to the club this January.
According to a report by The Telegraph (via The Blues on social media), the London outfit are considering to exercise the £40million buy-back clause they have for the Holland international.
Indeed, the 24-year-old appears to have been making some solid progress in regards to his career as a professional footballer and has arguably become one of Eddie Howe’s key men on the south coast.
However, his performances clearly have not gone unnoticed by his former employers and with Frank Lampard at the helm, a return for Ake to Stamford Bridge could be on the cards.
As of this season, the centre-back has been excelling for the Cherries when playing in the Premier League. According to the data collected by WhoScored, the Dutchman has managed to achieve an average of 1.1 tackles, 1.4 interceptions and 4.3 clearances in his 19 top-flight appearances so far this campaign.
However, it would seem some Chelsea fans would not like to see him back in SW6, with a number of them telling the Blues to steer clear of trying to bring back one of their former academy graduates.
Here are just some of their reactions to the rumours surrounding the London giant’s interest in Ake…
- Preview: England vs Ukraine Preview – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Travel & accessibility details for four key Champions League ties
- Liverpool not for sale, insists owner John Henry
- Manchester United vs Leicester City Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups
- Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Liverpool Preview – Prediction, how to watch & Potential line-ups