Some Chelsea fans on Twitter have revealed that they do not want to see Bournemouth defender Nathan Ake return to the club this January.
Indeed, the 24-year-old appears to have been making some solid progress in regards to his career as a professional footballer and has arguably become one of Eddie Howe’s key men on the south coast.
However, his performances clearly have not gone unnoticed by his former employers and with Frank Lampard at the helm, a return for Ake to Stamford Bridge could be on the cards.
As of this season, the centre-back has been excelling for the Cherries when playing in the Premier League. According to the data collected by WhoScored, the Dutchman has managed to achieve an average of 1.1 tackles, 1.4 interceptions and 4.3 clearances in his 19 top-flight appearances so far this campaign.
However, it would seem some Chelsea fans would not like to see him back in SW6, with a number of them telling the Blues to steer clear of trying to bring back one of their former academy graduates.
Here are just some of their reactions to the rumours surrounding the London giant’s interest in Ake…
- Mikel Arteta hails Arsenal’s post-international break renaissance
- Man City pair set to miss crucial fixtures against Chelsea, Liverpool and PSG
- Who are the fastest players and 5-star skillers on FIFA 22?
- Robert Lewandowski dedicates his Golden Shoe award to his Bayern Munich teammates
- Reading set for points deduction