Relegation-threatened West Ham United are due to play against Southampton in a Premier League clash at the London Stadium on Saturday afternoon.
Even though the Hammers have lost four out of their last five league games, they delivered a spirited performance during their 3-2 loss against Liverpool earlier this week.
The game was one of the most challenging for the Reds in the league this season.
David Moyes’ West Ham side will fancy their chances of getting points against 12th place Southampton, who are entering the game on the back of a 2-0 win against Aston Villa.
The East Londoners have a good recent record against the Saints and will be looking for their fifth consecutive league win over the South Coast club.
West Ham loan signing Tomas Soucek will miss the game and faces up to three weeks on the sidelines after sustaining a hip injury, according to a report by BBC Sport.
Defender Ryan Fredericks will also miss the game and be out of action for up to six weeks after having to undergo surgery on his damaged shoulder ligaments.
It is vital that West Ham get points quickly especially as they have a tough fixture list during the coming weeks.
Their three league games in March will be against the likes of Arsenal, Wolverhampton Wanderers and Tottenham Hotspur, three teams which are pushing for European football next season.
If West Ham continue at their current level, they will probably be relegated this season. A major change in terms of work ethic and results are needed.
- Aston Villa in Pole Position to Sign Wantaway Everton Star Lucas Digne
- Chelsea Boss Thomas Tuchel Delivers Verdict on Christian Pulisic’s Display Against Liverpool
- World Cup 2022 Qualification Update: Which Teams have Qualified, Which Teams Are In The Play-offs
- Tottenham Hotspur hold talks over the future of Nuno Espirito Santo
- Why Romelu Lukaku decided to join Chelsea this summer