Highly-rated midfielder Declan Rice has reportedly accepted he will be staying at West Ham United next season.
The 22-year-old has been linked with several Premier League clubs this summer, including Chelsea, Manchester United and Manchester City.
Of those three clubs, Chelsea looked the most determined to secure the England international’s services.
However, the Hammers wanted £90 million to allow their star player to leave the London Stadium, which was too much for the Blues.
It is said that the talented midfielder had turned down two contract renewal offers from West Ham, wanting to keep his options open.
He has now accepted that he will be staying at West Ham for the 2021-22 season, as per the Daily Mail,
Rice started his youth career at Chelsea before joining West Ham in 2014.
He progressed rapidly in East London and earned his senior debut in 2017 against Burnley.
Rice has made 145 appearances across all competitions for the Irons, bagging five goals and five assists.
He is an elite defensive midfielder who is known for his aerial ability, interceptions and tackles.
- Liverpool Transfers Update: Mane edging closer to Anfield exit as Klopp eyes midfield reinforcements
- Tottenham Hotspur ready to fork out £43m to land Alessandro Bastoni’s alternative
- Chelsea vs Liverpool FA Cup Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Liverpool vs Everton Preview
- FA Cup Final Preview; Chelsea Star Eyed By Real Madrid & Liverpool Target Barcelona Starlet