West Ham manager David Moyes expects Jesse Lingard to be part of his matchday squad for Wednesday’s clash with Aston Villa tomorrow.
“Hopefully Jesse is fine for midweek at Aston Villa, and we can add him to the group because we just can’t afford to pick up any injuries.
“Hopefully we’re OK at the moment, but we’ll have to wait and see,” Moyes told the West Ham website.
The midfielder joined the Hammers on loan last week from Manchester United and will remain with the club until the end of the season.
The 28-year-old was surplus to requirements at Old Trafford and will be looking to make an instant impression at the London Stadium so that he can earn a permanent contract with the club.
Given that he has barely played for the Red Devils this season, Lingard should be refreshed and raring to go for the Hammers. He has also been the subject of extensive mockery and memes recently due to his struggles on the field and will be keen to silence his doubters.
West Ham’s recent run of excellent form ended, as they were beaten 3-1 by defending Premier League Champions Liverpool last weekend.
- Mikel Arteta hails Arsenal’s post-international break renaissance
- Man City pair set to miss crucial fixtures against Chelsea, Liverpool and PSG
- Who are the fastest players and 5-star skillers on FIFA 22?
- Robert Lewandowski dedicates his Golden Shoe award to his Bayern Munich teammates
- Reading set for points deduction