West Ham manager David Moyes expects Jesse Lingard to be part of his matchday squad for Wednesday’s clash with Aston Villa tomorrow.
“Hopefully Jesse is fine for midweek at Aston Villa, and we can add him to the group because we just can’t afford to pick up any injuries.
“Hopefully we’re OK at the moment, but we’ll have to wait and see,” Moyes told the West Ham website.
The midfielder joined the Hammers on loan last week from Manchester United and will remain with the club until the end of the season.
The 28-year-old was surplus to requirements at Old Trafford and will be looking to make an instant impression at the London Stadium so that he can earn a permanent contract with the club.
Given that he has barely played for the Red Devils this season, Lingard should be refreshed and raring to go for the Hammers. He has also been the subject of extensive mockery and memes recently due to his struggles on the field and will be keen to silence his doubters.
West Ham’s recent run of excellent form ended, as they were beaten 3-1 by defending Premier League Champions Liverpool last weekend.
- Liverpool Transfers Update: Mane edging closer to Anfield exit as Klopp eyes midfield reinforcements
- Tottenham Hotspur ready to fork out £43m to land Alessandro Bastoni’s alternative
- Chelsea vs Liverpool FA Cup Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Liverpool vs Everton Preview
- FA Cup Final Preview; Chelsea Star Eyed By Real Madrid & Liverpool Target Barcelona Starlet