Michail Antonio has the potential to go on and become a West Ham club legend, as his performances this season have caught the imagination of Irons.
Though Jesse Lingard dominated the headlines for his brace in the club’s 3-1 victory over Aston Villa on Wednesday night, the performance of the 30-year-old should not be forgotten as he recorded two assists to take his assist tally in the Premier League this season to three.
Antonio has started to deliver consistently since David Moyes has arrived at the club, and he looks set to be a vital player for the team in the second half of the season providing that he can stay fit.
Should Antonio maintain his form between now and the end of the season, the Hammers will have a good chance of attaining European football next season.
They are currently fifth in the standings with 38 points from 22 games and two points adrift of fourth-place Liverpool.
- Aston Villa in Pole Position to Sign Wantaway Everton Star Lucas Digne
- Chelsea Boss Thomas Tuchel Delivers Verdict on Christian Pulisic’s Display Against Liverpool
- World Cup 2022 Qualification Update: Which Teams have Qualified, Which Teams Are In The Play-offs
- Tottenham Hotspur hold talks over the future of Nuno Espirito Santo
- Why Romelu Lukaku decided to join Chelsea this summer