Premier League hopefuls West Bromwich Albion will face Wigan Athletic in the Championship’s matchday 36 clash at the Hawthorns on Saturday.
The home side will come in the match as a firm favourite as they are having an outstanding season, where the Baggies are placed on the top of the league table with 69 points after 35 matches, four-ahead of second-placed Leeds United.
West Brom’s recent form must give manager Slaven Bilić a lot of optimism going into Saturday’s match as his team are unbeaten in the last six league fixtures, out of which they’ve managed to win on five occasions whereas one game ended as a draw.
Therefore, the team manager will be hoping to see his Baggies players continue performing at the highest level in the match against an opposition who are placed in the relegation zone and are fighting for their survival.
On the team news front as per BBC Sport, West Brom have no new injury concerns and therefore, the same lineup in likely for the match against Wigan.
West Brom’s overall record against their opponents in the next match does not make pretty reading as they’ve managed to win just six times in 17 meetings and suffered eight defeats as well.
Another victory would push West Brom one step closer to top-flight football next season as the business end of the campaign approaches.
- Celtic and Rangers face uphill Champions League battle
- From Lewandowski to Eriksen – 10 Best Transfers In July 2022
- Best EPL pre-season matches to watch this weekend
- Liverpool Transfers Update: Mane edging closer to Anfield exit as Klopp eyes midfield reinforcements
- Tottenham Hotspur ready to fork out £43m to land Alessandro Bastoni’s alternative