Premier League relegation candidates Watford will face off against second place Manchester City in a top-flight clash at Vicarage Road on Monday evening.
This will be the Hornets first game since the sacking of Nigel Pearson whose departure came as a surprise, especially at this point of the season.
Watford heads into the clash against the Cityzens in 17th place on the league standings and just three points above the relegation zone.
A defeat in this game could leave them on the verge of entering the relegation zone. On the other hand, a win will likely keep them safe from the drop this season.
After recently securing a top four-place this season, Pep Guardiola could rotate his side in order to preserve his best players for the Champions League and to prevent them from suffering injuries.
The Hornets will have to make do without midfielder Etienne Capoue for the game, according to Sky Sports.
The French international had to also miss the defeat against West Ham last Friday.
The report added that Daryl Janmaat, Gerard Deulofeu and Isaac Success will all miss the game.
City will have no fresh concerns heading into the game, but will likely make large-scale rotations.
Watford desperately need points now to ensure their survival. A draw will not be the worst result possible and they can ill-afford to take risks.
City is a team which can easily punish a side which takes risks against them.
However, Guardiola’s side have nothing more to play for which could make them vulnerable.
- Tottenham Hotspur without six first-team stars for Rennes clash
- Arsenal told to forget about appointing Antonio Conte, but Manchester United given hope
- Pedri and Jordi Alba join lengthy Barcelona injury list
- Chelsea open to handing Conor Gallagher first-team berth if he impresses at Crystal Palace
- David Alaba wanted to join Barcelona before Real Madrid move, claims Uli Hoeness