Relegation-threatened Watford are due to face off against runaway Premier League leaders Liverpool at Vicarage Road on Sunday.
The Hornets head into the game on the back of poor form and are without a win during their previous five league games.
The early momentum which Watford showed under Nigel Pearson appears to have been lost. They managed four victories from their first six games under the tactician.
The reverse fixture between the teams was held at Anfield in December and Liverpool prevailed 2-0 following a brace from Mohamed Salah.
The Reds have not lost against the Hornets in the last eight top-flight meetings and have won the most recent four.
It will be one of the biggest upsets of the Premier League season if Pearson’s side manage to emerge victorious on Saturday.
The Hornets could be set to hand a start to Ismaila Sarr who made a substitute appearance during the club’s 3-0 defeat against Manchester United last week, according to BBC Sport.
The report added that Kiko Femenia could also be included whilst Daryl Janmaat made a return to training this week.
The Hornets head into the game one point adrift of safety and an unlikely win will likely see them escape the relegation zone as well as be a major confidence boost ahead of the final vital few games of the season.
It is however hard to see them penetrating the defence of Jurgen Klopp’s side. The Reds on paper are stronger than the Hornets in every department.
- Liverpool Transfers Update: Mane edging closer to Anfield exit as Klopp eyes midfield reinforcements
- Tottenham Hotspur ready to fork out £43m to land Alessandro Bastoni’s alternative
- Chelsea vs Liverpool FA Cup Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Liverpool vs Everton Preview
- FA Cup Final Preview; Chelsea Star Eyed By Real Madrid & Liverpool Target Barcelona Starlet