Watford manager Nigel Pearson is expected to make changes and rest first team players in his side’s FA Cup third round replay against Tranmere Rovers.
Pearson stated that his priority is keeping the club in the Premier League and thus, key players will be rested on Tuesday evening.
I have to prioritise because our status in the Premier League is the priority. But the priority right now is the preparation for this game and we will endeavour to give the game the respect it deserves. I can’t sit here and say it’s the main priority as it’s not.Watford manager Nigel Pearson on squad rotation
The Hornets have several players ruled out due to injury and do not want to risk further players as they turn around their Premier League season.
Danny Welbeck, Tom Cleverly, Daryl Janmaat, Will Hughes, Christian Kabasele, Sebastian Prodl and Kiko Femenia are all sidelined due to injuries for Watford.
The club moved out of the bottom three for the first time this season with a 3-0 win at the weekend against Bournemouth.
They have seen an upturn in form in recent weeks, having taken 13 points out of the last available 15 in the league with impressive victories against Manchester United and Wolves as well.
Watford fielded a weak side in the reverse fixture which ended in a 3-3 draw at Vicarage Road.
League one side Tranmere staged an impressive comeback after going 3-0 down at half time with Roberto Pereyra seeing red for the Hornets.
The red card has since been overturned and Pereyra is available for selection.
The winner of the tie will face either Wolves or Manchester United in the fourth round on 26th January.
- Luka Shaw deems Man United ‘way too easy to play against’ after Liverpool demolition
- Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta waxes lyrical about Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang’s leadership skills
- Man City boss Pep Guardiola responds to Raheem Sterling exit hint
- Jurgen Klopp voices his concern about controversial Newcastle United takeover
- Raheem Sterling reveals his frustration with lack of game time at Manchester City