Some Newcastle United fans have taken to Twitter to give their reaction to the performance of DeAndre Yedlin against Tottenham Hotspur.
Yedlin was in action for Newcastle in their Premier League game against Tottenham at St. James’ Park on Wednesday evening.
The 27-year-old former Spurs right-back started the match and played for 55 minutes, as the Magpies lost 3-1.
According to WhoScored, the USA international defender played two key passes, had a pass accuracy of 58.8%, won one header, took 22 touches, and made one interception.
Some Newcastle fans were not impressed with the display produced by Yedlin against Tottenham and have criticised him on Twitter.
Below are some of the best comments:
So far this season, Yedlin has made 10 starts and six substitute appearances in the Premier League for Newcastle, scoring one goal in the process, according to WhoScored.
During the 2018-19 campaign, the right-back made 28 starts and one substitute appearance in the league for the Magpies, scoring one goal and providing two assists in the process, according to WhoScored.
Newcastle’s defeat to Tottenham on Wednesday evening does not really affect them much, as they are not going to get relegated or clinch a Europa League place.
- Wolverhampton inform Tottenham they need to pay £45m for Adama Traore
- Chelsea are yet to give up on their pursuit of Romelu Lukaku
- Signing both Jack Grealish and Harry Kane will not be financially viable for Manchester City
- Newcastle should consider swooping for Percy Tau
- Tammy Abraham’s salary demands proving to be stumbling block for West Ham