European football hopefuls Tottenham Hotspur will face off against Newcastle United in a Premier League clash at St James Park on Wednesday evening.
Spurs enter the clash in eighth place on the league standings with 52 points after 32 games.
Tottenham have no chance of finishing in the top four this season but a win could help them to boost their chance of qualifying for next season’s Europa League.
Spurs defender Serge Aurier will decide whether or not he will play in the game according to Sky Sports.
The former PSG player’s brother passed away on Monday.
The report added that Tanguy Ndombele is not expected to play a role in the game after suffering an injury in training while Dele Alli is also expected to miss the game due to a hamstring strain.
Suspended Eric Dier will miss the game as he serves the third match of his ban while Juan Foyth is expected to be out of action for the long-term due to a knee injury.
Danny Rose who is on loan with Newcastle from Tottenham will play no part in the game for the Magpies. Rose is not eligible to play against his parent club.
Spurs enters the game on the back of a confidence booking 2-1 victory over Arsenal. They will also be the more confident team heading into the match as they still have European football to aim for.
However, Newcastle did win the reverse fixture 1-0 in August when Joelinton went on to score the only goal of the game.
- Aston Villa in Pole Position to Sign Wantaway Everton Star Lucas Digne
- Chelsea Boss Thomas Tuchel Delivers Verdict on Christian Pulisic’s Display Against Liverpool
- World Cup 2022 Qualification Update: Which Teams have Qualified, Which Teams Are In The Play-offs
- Tottenham Hotspur hold talks over the future of Nuno Espirito Santo
- Why Romelu Lukaku decided to join Chelsea this summer