Tottenham Hotspur will face Liverpool on the match day 22 in the English Premier League at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium on Saturday.
The North London-based club are going through a rough campaign as they are currently placed on the sixth position of the league table with 30 points, six-behind fourth-placed Chelsea.
Therefore, manager Jose Mourinho will be hoping to see his players perform at the highest level and produce a positive result that would keep in touch with their London rivals for a spot in the UEFA Champions League next season.
Spurs’ are coming in the match on the back of a couple of disappointing results as they suffered a defeat and only managed a draw in their previous two league fixtures against 17th-placed Southampton and bottom-placed Norwich.
On the team news front, last year’s UEFA Champions League runners-up have suffered a major blow as star striker Harry Kane and veteran midfielder Moussa Sissoko have been ruled out until April due to hamstring and ankle injury, as per BBC.
Other than those two, new signing Tanguy Ndombele has continued to struggle with injuries and will not take part in the match against Liverpool whereas left-back Danny Rose and midfielder Harry Winks remain doubtful for the fixture. In the previous fixture between both teams earlier in the league campaign on October 27, it was the Reds who came out on top with a 2-1 margin.
- Celtic and Rangers face uphill Champions League battle
- From Lewandowski to Eriksen – 10 Best Transfers In July 2022
- Best EPL pre-season matches to watch this weekend
- Liverpool Transfers Update: Mane edging closer to Anfield exit as Klopp eyes midfield reinforcements
- Tottenham Hotspur ready to fork out £43m to land Alessandro Bastoni’s alternative