Tottneham Hotspur will be without talisman striker Harry Kane and midfielder Tanguy N’dombele for their third round FA Cup tie at Middlesbrough, the club confirmed.
Both Spurs players suffered injuries in the 1-0 loss to Southampton on New Year’s Day.
Tottenham talisman Kane is set for a sustained spell on the sidelines as the club issued an update stating that he has suffered a tear in his left hamstring.
Spurs boss Jose Mourinho also expressed his frustration at N’dombele’s injury problems after the defeat to Southampton.
“He’s always injured. He’s injured, he’s not injured, he plays one match, next week he’s injured, he plays another match. We are full of hopes,” the Tottenham boss said.
“This is it since the beginning of the season. Of course, it is a concern.”
However, there is positive news for Mourinho as well with Tottenham attacker Heung Min Son available again after serving a three-match ban for his red card against Chelsea last month.
Eric Dier and Kyle Walker-Peters returned to training after missing the trip to the south coast with illness and a calf injury respectively.
Danny Rose (calf) remains ruled out alongside Ben Davies (ankle) and Hugo Lloris (elbow).
Boro head into the tie on the back of four consecutive league victories in the Championship while Spurs only managed to earn four points out of a possible 12 over the festive period.
- From Lewandowski to Eriksen – 10 Best Transfers In July 2022
- Best EPL pre-season matches to watch this weekend
- Liverpool Transfers Update: Mane edging closer to Anfield exit as Klopp eyes midfield reinforcements
- Tottenham Hotspur ready to fork out £43m to land Alessandro Bastoni’s alternative
- Chelsea vs Liverpool FA Cup Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups