Tottneham Hotspur will be without talisman striker Harry Kane and midfielder Tanguy N’dombele for their third round FA Cup tie at Middlesbrough, the club confirmed.
Both Spurs players suffered injuries in the 1-0 loss to Southampton on New Year’s Day.
Tottenham talisman Kane is set for a sustained spell on the sidelines as the club issued an update stating that he has suffered a tear in his left hamstring.
Spurs boss Jose Mourinho also expressed his frustration at N’dombele’s injury problems after the defeat to Southampton.
“He’s always injured. He’s injured, he’s not injured, he plays one match, next week he’s injured, he plays another match. We are full of hopes,” the Tottenham boss said.
“This is it since the beginning of the season. Of course, it is a concern.”
However, there is positive news for Mourinho as well with Tottenham attacker Heung Min Son available again after serving a three-match ban for his red card against Chelsea last month.
Eric Dier and Kyle Walker-Peters returned to training after missing the trip to the south coast with illness and a calf injury respectively.
Danny Rose (calf) remains ruled out alongside Ben Davies (ankle) and Hugo Lloris (elbow).
Boro head into the tie on the back of four consecutive league victories in the Championship while Spurs only managed to earn four points out of a possible 12 over the festive period.
- Preview: England vs Ukraine Preview – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Travel & accessibility details for four key Champions League ties
- Liverpool not for sale, insists owner John Henry
- Manchester United vs Leicester City Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups
- Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Liverpool Preview – Prediction, how to watch & Potential line-ups