According to Bleacher Report, Tottenham Hotspur are batting Arsenal for Bayern Munich central defender Jerome Boateng.
Sky Sports have claimed of interest from Arsenal in the former Manchester City defender.
Bleacher Report has reported that the Gunners’ bitter North London rivals Tottenham and Italian giants Juventus also want to secure the services of the 31-year-old Germany international in the January transfer window.
Good signing for Arsenal or Tottenham Hotspur?
Boateng has been at Bayern since 2011, and although the defender is past his prime, he can certainly add to the quality at the back for Arsenal or Tottenham.
The German has played in the Premier League before, and his vast experience and quality in Europe will be massive for Spurs or the Gunners in their European quest as well.
While Arsenal have booked their place in the knockout rounds of the Europa League, Tottenham have ascertained their place in the last-16 stage of the Champions League this season.
Boateng has won the Bundesliga seven times, the DFB-Pokal on four occasions, and the Champions League once with Bayern.
- Liverpool Transfers Update: Mane edging closer to Anfield exit as Klopp eyes midfield reinforcements
- Tottenham Hotspur ready to fork out £43m to land Alessandro Bastoni’s alternative
- Chelsea vs Liverpool FA Cup Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Liverpool vs Everton Preview
- FA Cup Final Preview; Chelsea Star Eyed By Real Madrid & Liverpool Target Barcelona Starlet