According to Bleacher Report, Tottenham Hotspur are batting Arsenal for Bayern Munich central defender Jerome Boateng.
Sky Sports have claimed of interest from Arsenal in the former Manchester City defender.
Bleacher Report has reported that the Gunners’ bitter North London rivals Tottenham and Italian giants Juventus also want to secure the services of the 31-year-old Germany international in the January transfer window.
Good signing for Arsenal or Tottenham Hotspur?
Boateng has been at Bayern since 2011, and although the defender is past his prime, he can certainly add to the quality at the back for Arsenal or Tottenham.
The German has played in the Premier League before, and his vast experience and quality in Europe will be massive for Spurs or the Gunners in their European quest as well.
While Arsenal have booked their place in the knockout rounds of the Europa League, Tottenham have ascertained their place in the last-16 stage of the Champions League this season.
Boateng has won the Bundesliga seven times, the DFB-Pokal on four occasions, and the Champions League once with Bayern.
- Napoli submit new offer for Mangala but Nottingham Forest not impressed
- Preview: Fulham vs Arsenal – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: England vs Malta – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Manchester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Premier League’s 2023 Ballon d’Or nominees