While Tammy Abraham remains a target of West Ham, the player’s wages are putting the club off, according to reliable Hammers source ExWHUemployee.
After scoring just six Premier League goals last season, Abraham is expected to leave Stamford Bridge before the end of the summer.
The Blues are expected to bring in a new striker to provide competition and support to Timo Werner next season after having also recently sold Olivier Giroud to AC Milan.
Abraham has been tipped to potentially love to West Ham.
The Hammers need a new striker and need to increase the depth within their squad as they prepare for life in the Europa League next season.
David Moyes’ side sold Sebastien Haller to Ajax Amsterdam in January. As things stand, Michail Antonio is the only recognized striker within their squad.
The Hammers can ill-afford on Antonio to play in every game as he is injury prone.
There are no doubts about Abraham’s quality. He showed plenty of potential during previous loan spells with Aston Villa and Bristol City but just appears unable to maintain a high level of consistency when he dons the Chelsea jersey.
A move to West Ham can potentially help Abraham to revive his career. The striker desperately needs a new start in his career if he wants to keep alive his chances of winning selection to the England team ahead of the 2022 World Cup.
However, the Hammers need to be frugal and should also turn their focus onto other options if his wage demands are too high.
- Aston Villa in Pole Position to Sign Wantaway Everton Star Lucas Digne
- Chelsea Boss Thomas Tuchel Delivers Verdict on Christian Pulisic’s Display Against Liverpool
- World Cup 2022 Qualification Update: Which Teams have Qualified, Which Teams Are In The Play-offs
- Tottenham Hotspur hold talks over the future of Nuno Espirito Santo
- Why Romelu Lukaku decided to join Chelsea this summer