Chelsea will not allow striker Tammy Abraham to leave the club unless they are able to find a replacement, according to Football.London.
The report added that West Ham are interested in the Englishman.
Abraham had a frustrating 2020/21 season with Chelsea as he managed to score just six goals in the Premier League.
Chelsea are aiming to win the Premier League next season and will look to bring in a new striker who can provide Timo Werner with strong competition.
However, following the departure of Olivier Giroud to AC Milan earlier this summer, Abraham and Werner are currently the only recognized strikers within the Blues setup.
Meanwhile, West Ham definitely need to bring in a new striker this summer. The East Londoners have not yet brought in a direct replacement for Sebastien Haller who left the club in January and they can ill-afford to be heavily dependent on Michail Antonio next season.
David Moyes will need to increase the depth in his squad given that they will also have to contend with the Europa League.
Antonio tends to suffer from injury problems and so it will be very dangerous to rely on him to play in most games.
While Abraham had a frustrating last season, his quality as a player has never been in doubt. The 23-year-old has never managed to maintain a high level of consistency while at Chelsea but he did previously excel while on loan with Swansea City and Bristol City.
Moyes could help to bring the best out of the player just as he did with Jesse Lingard last season.
- Aston Villa in Pole Position to Sign Wantaway Everton Star Lucas Digne
- Chelsea Boss Thomas Tuchel Delivers Verdict on Christian Pulisic’s Display Against Liverpool
- World Cup 2022 Qualification Update: Which Teams have Qualified, Which Teams Are In The Play-offs
- Tottenham Hotspur hold talks over the future of Nuno Espirito Santo
- Why Romelu Lukaku decided to join Chelsea this summer