A number of Chelsea fans have been reacting to a report that has emerged suggesting the Blues could be considering a move for Leicester City’s Kasper Schmeichel in the summer.
In the exclusive article by The Blue Stands, Frank Lampard’s side are understood to be looking for a goalkeeper with the ability to provide Kepa Arrizabalaga with some stern competition.
Therefore, Schmeichel is an option that has been identified as a potential replacement and it seems fans are not quite convinced by the rumours.
Indeed, the Denmark international is hugely experienced when it comes down to playing in the Premier League, having made 200 appearances in the top-flight for Leicester and Manchester City whilst also picking up a winner’s medal during his time at the King Power Stadium (per TransferMarkt).
The 33-year-old’s record in England’s top division is not one to be sniffed at either, as the ‘keeper has managed to keep 62 clean sheets and concede just 249 goals.
With a record like that, perhaps it is no surprise that Chelsea are considering the £10.8million-rated Schmeichel, although the club’s faithful do not seem convinced.
Many could not believe the initial report as some questioned whether the experienced professional would want to potentially play second fiddle to the younger Arrizabalaga.
Here are just some of their reactions to the report…
- Celtic and Rangers face uphill Champions League battle
- From Lewandowski to Eriksen – 10 Best Transfers In July 2022
- Best EPL pre-season matches to watch this weekend
- Liverpool Transfers Update: Mane edging closer to Anfield exit as Klopp eyes midfield reinforcements
- Tottenham Hotspur ready to fork out £43m to land Alessandro Bastoni’s alternative