Tottenham Hotspur were linked with Mikkel Damsgaard last summer and are still serious about signing him, according to Spanish source La Repubblica.
Damsgaard has been highly-rated from his days with FC Nordsjaelland and has garnered more attention since switching to Sampdoria last summer.
He has scored two goals and contributed four assists in 20 Serie A appearances for his current side.
The report added that Spurs might consider signing the 20-year-old on an initial loan deal before loaning him straight back to Sampdoria to continue his development.
It is impressive that Damsgaard has managed to become a first-team regular in the Serie A at his age. With plenty of room to grow, he could develop into a world-class player.
Damsgaard’s playing style has been comparable to Belgian star Dries Mertens. While his rise in the very physical Serie A has been impressive, it does remain to be seen if he can adapt to the intensity of the Premier League.
If Spurs do sign him, letting him stay in the Italian league with Sampdoria for another season would be a wise move for club and player.
- Chelsea vs Liverpool FA Cup Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Liverpool vs Everton Preview
- FA Cup Final Preview; Chelsea Star Eyed By Real Madrid & Liverpool Target Barcelona Starlet
- Five Cracking Soccer Fixtures To Stream In April 2022￼
- Arsenal star Bukayo Saka drops Champions League hint amid Man City’s interest