Tottenham Hotspur are close to signing Real Sociedad striker Willian Jose, with the Brazilian forward set to travel to London for a medical, according to AS.
Spurs are short in attack currently after talisman Harry Kane was ruled out for 3-4 months with a serious hamstring injury in the 1-0 defeat to Southampton at the turn of the year.
Tottenham boss Jose Mourinho has admitted that the club are missing the centre forward and has voiced his desire to land a number nine in the January transfer window.
Spurs have been playing attacking pair Lucas Moura and Son Heung-min in the striker role in recent matches, but miss the predatory edge that an out-and-out forward like Kane brings to the team.
The latest report suggests that Jose, who sat out Sociedad’s clash on Wednesday night, is inbound and could undergo a medical at Tottenham on Thursday.
The Spanish newspaper also state that a deal is very close but does not mention specific transfer fees or the nature of the agreement between the clubs.
Tottenham got back to winning ways with a 2-1 victory over Norwich on Wednesday night, with Dele Alli and Son on target for the home side.
However, it was less than convincing and the potential arrival of Jose to add to Mourinho’s attacking options would be welcome.
- Aston Villa in Pole Position to Sign Wantaway Everton Star Lucas Digne
- Chelsea Boss Thomas Tuchel Delivers Verdict on Christian Pulisic’s Display Against Liverpool
- World Cup 2022 Qualification Update: Which Teams have Qualified, Which Teams Are In The Play-offs
- Tottenham Hotspur hold talks over the future of Nuno Espirito Santo
- Why Romelu Lukaku decided to join Chelsea this summer