Southampton are due to play against Wolverhampton Wanderers in a Premier League clash at St Mary’s on Saturday.
While they may be in a lower position on the league standings, the Saints head into the game in better form.
The south coast side have managed to win four out of their last five league games, which has seen them steer away from the relegation zone and into 12th place.
Ralph Hasenhuttl’s Southampton side will certainly be fancying their chances of beating Wolves and it will be a big confidence boost for them if they manage to do so.
By contrast, Nuno’s troops have managed to win just two out of their previous five league games though they are currently on a run of two consecutive wins and will be looking to make it three on Saturday.
Southampton do not really have any major injury casualties to deal with ahead of the game, according to Squawka.
The report claimed that Yan Valery is the only player from their club who will probably miss the game due to illness.
It was further claimed that they will be likely to field the same starting lineup which managed to defeat Leicester City last weekend.
The two clubs last met in a Premier League game at Molineux back in October and the score was 1-1.
Saturday’s game will be an interesting one. Nuno’s side will head into the game as slight favourites and are known for their ability to record away victories.
Southampton will however feel that they will have what it takes to take three points as well.
- Aston Villa in Pole Position to Sign Wantaway Everton Star Lucas Digne
- Chelsea Boss Thomas Tuchel Delivers Verdict on Christian Pulisic’s Display Against Liverpool
- World Cup 2022 Qualification Update: Which Teams have Qualified, Which Teams Are In The Play-offs
- Tottenham Hotspur hold talks over the future of Nuno Espirito Santo
- Why Romelu Lukaku decided to join Chelsea this summer