Southampton are due to face off against Tottenham Hotspur in a FA Cup clash at the St Mary’s Stadium on Saturday.
This will be an interesting clash and both sides will be fancying their chances of victory.
The sides have already played each other twice in the Premier League this season with each team having won at their home ground – Southampton beat Tottenham 1-0 recently.
If that trend continues on Saturday, the Saints will emerge victorious.
Southampton will go into the game full of confidence.
The south coast club have been in brilliant form recently and have won seven out of their last nine Premier League games.
The same cannot be said of Tottenham, who even required a replay against Championship club Middlesbrough in order to progress to this stage of the FA Cup.
Southampton will be forced to make as many as three changes to his side after manager Ralph Hasenhuttl confirmed that key man Cedric Soares could be on the sidelines for as much as three weeks, according to The London Evening Standard.
Other Saints key players who are expected to be absent for the south coast club include Shane Long (knee injury) and Jannik Vestergaard (concussion).
The report added that Southampton youngster Yan Valery will not play due to a viral infection whilst the same will apply to Jan Bednarek due to an achilles problem.
Tottenham will be prioritising their top-four ambitions at this stage of the season and so could give rests to a number of important players.
Southampton will be going all out to get something from the game and this could give them an advantage.
- Tottenham Hotspur fans critical of Dele Alli’s performance in the north London derby
- Arsenal fans react to Aaron Ramsdale’s performance in the north London derby
- Emile Smith Rowe reacts on Twitter after Arsenal’s stunning north London derby win
- Hugo Lloris admits Tottenham Hotspur were outclassed by Arsenal in the north London derby
- Mikel Arteta confirms worrying injury blow for Arsenal midfielder Granit Xhaka