Southampton will face south-coast rivals Bournemouth in the matchday 37 clash in the English Premier League at the Vitality Stadium on Sunday.
The Saints are having a decent season despite having a difficult beginning where they suffered a demoralising 9-0 defeat against Leicester City.
However, since then, a lot has changed, and Southampton are now hoping to secure a spot in top-half of the league table.
As things stand, the Saints are placed in 12th position in the league table, five-behind 10th placed Burnley with just two matchdays to go.
The visitors will come in this match very high on confidence as they are unbeaten in last five league fixtures, which has included three draws and two victories.
In Southampton’s previous league match against Brighton & Hove Albion, which took place on July 16, the Saints registered a 1-1 draw as striker Danny Ings scored an equaliser in the 66th minute.
Therefore, Saints manager Ralph Hasenhüttl will be hoping that his players will continue their good work and produce a positive result in the match against Bournemouth on Sunday.
On the team news front, as per BBC Sport, Southampton will be without winger Moussa Djenepo and creative midfielder Sofiane Boufal for the match, who have already been ruled out for the remaining matches but there are no fresh injury concerns.
However, Hasenhüttl is likely to reshuffle the team after having played against Brighton on Thursday.
- Liverpool Transfers Update: Mane edging closer to Anfield exit as Klopp eyes midfield reinforcements
- Tottenham Hotspur ready to fork out £43m to land Alessandro Bastoni’s alternative
- Chelsea vs Liverpool FA Cup Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Liverpool vs Everton Preview
- FA Cup Final Preview; Chelsea Star Eyed By Real Madrid & Liverpool Target Barcelona Starlet