Southampton defender Cedric Soares is set for a spell on the sidelines after picking up a knock last night, but the Portuguese international has tweeted after his side’s match on Tuesday evening.
The forward-thinking Saints full-back was forced off in his side’s excellent win over Crystal Palace on Tuesday evening and was replaced by Oriol Romeu.
Southampton man Soares suffered what seemed to be a foot injury following a tackle from Palace midfielder Jairo Riedewald.
The Saints star tried to carry on but had to leave the field after 21 minutes, thankfully unaided.
Southampton secured a 2-0 victory at Selhurst Park with goals from Nathan Redmond and Stuart Armstrong.
Soares has made 15 appearances for the Saints in the Premier League this season and has been an integral part of their revival under manager Ralph Hasenhuttl.
The club is yet to make an official statement regarding the defender’s injury.
Southampton’s win on Tuesday night further moves the club away from the Premier League relegation zone and moves the Saints up to ninth in the standings.
The St Mary’s Stadium side are back in action this weekend with an FA Cup fourth round clash at home against Tottenham Hotspur – who they defeated 1-0 in the league recently.
- Mikel Arteta hails Arsenal’s post-international break renaissance
- Man City pair set to miss crucial fixtures against Chelsea, Liverpool and PSG
- Who are the fastest players and 5-star skillers on FIFA 22?
- Robert Lewandowski dedicates his Golden Shoe award to his Bayern Munich teammates
- Reading set for points deduction