Southampton are set to join a plethora of Premier League clubs in the quest for the signature of unwanted Manchester City goalkeeper Joe Hart, according to The Sun.
The report comes amid speculation that Saints custodian Fraser Forster could be on his way out of the St Mary’s Stadium this summer – with Everton one side said to be interested.
— NinetyMinutesOnline (@90MinsOnline) March 7, 2017
Citizen’s boss Pep Guardiola allowed the 29-year-old to leave the Etihad stadium and join Serie A side Torino on a season-long loan at the beginning of this campaign – following the arrival of Claudio Bravo from Barcelona.
But Claude Puel’s side have been made aware that the north west giants are keen to move the England international on permanently come the conclusion of his spell in Italy.
However, Southampton will face challenges from his current temporary employees, as well as others, to secure the signature of the Shrewsbury Town academy graduate.
“We have an excellent relationship with him”, Torino president Urbano Cairo said.
“He is happy to stay in Turin and we can work on it.
“It depends on City, but I think Hart would be happy to remain. We’ll see what City have in mind and want to do.”
Hart has made 25 appearances for the Italian side so far this term, but has only kept five clean sheets in comparison to Forster’s nine.
The former Manchester City favourite has conceded an average of 1.56 goals per game – with 59% of those coming from open-play.
Whereas his fellow international betters that – only conceding on average 1.31 goals per game and seemingly anticipates play better with only 50% of those coming during open-play.