Southampton have signed full-back Kyle Walker-Peters from Tottenham Hostpur on a loan deal until the end of the season, the south cost club have confirmed.
The 22-year-old completed a medical with the Saints before joining up with the rest of Ralph Hasenhuttl’s first-team squad.
New Southampton signing Walker-Peters has failed to get game time at Tottenham this season having made just five appearances all season.
Things have gotten worse for the Englishman since Jose Mourinho’s arrival at Spurs – he has made just one start under the Portuguese in a 3-1 defeat to Bayern Munich in the Champions League.
Mourinho has even preferred academy product Japhet Tanganga to Walker-Peters and it is no surprise that the full-back is on the move to Southampton in this transfer window.
Walker-Peters was also linked with other Premier League teams after having failed to nailed down a starting spot despite Keiran Trippier’s summer departure and Serge Aurier’s sub-par performances.
However, he has decided to join Southampton on loan until the end of the season with the two clubs having agreed a deal.
Southampton have seen an impressive revival under manager Ralph Hassenhuttl in the past few months and are one of the most in-form sides in the Premier League.
Walker-Peters will be the Saints’ first signing of this transfer window and their fans will be hoping that he can help the club finish in the top half of the table if not higher.
However, this doesn’t seem to be the only business on Hassenhuttl’s radar with the St Mary’s Stadium fans hoping for new faces before Friday night’s deadline.
- Tottenham Hotspur fans critical of Dele Alli’s performance in the north London derby
- Arsenal fans react to Aaron Ramsdale’s performance in the north London derby
- Emile Smith Rowe reacts on Twitter after Arsenal’s stunning north London derby win
- Hugo Lloris admits Tottenham Hotspur were outclassed by Arsenal in the north London derby
- Mikel Arteta confirms worrying injury blow for Arsenal midfielder Granit Xhaka