Glasgow Celtic fans appeared to be satisfied following the club’s 1-1 draw against FC Copenhagen at the Telia Parken Stadium on Thursday night.
The Hoops may feel that they should have won the game after Odsonne Edouard scored his 24th goal of the season to put them ahead in the 14th minute.
Celtic could have went into half time with more than a goal to their name as Edouard had two shots from close range saved by opposing keeper Karl Johan Johnsson.
However, the Hoops are in the driving seat heading into the second leg of the tie which will be held at Parkhead.
Celtic scored an important away goal and more importantly avoided defeat.
Dame N’Doye found an equaliser for the hosts. Celtic could have lost the game and have goalkeeper Fraser Forster to thank after the 31-year-old pulled off a stunning save to deny Jens Surge from the penalty spot.
There are many lessons that Celtic can take away from the game and things that they can improve on.
Overall, it was an encouraging display from Neil Lennon’s side who will be looking to advance to the deep stages of Europe’s second-tier club competition this season.
The game was the first time that Celtic have failed to win a football match in 2020 but they are in the driving seat ahead of the second leg and some fans are understandably encouraged.
Here are some of the Twitter posts from the Parkhead faithful:
- Preview: England vs Ukraine Preview – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Travel & accessibility details for four key Champions League ties
- Liverpool not for sale, insists owner John Henry
- Manchester United vs Leicester City Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups
- Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Liverpool Preview – Prediction, how to watch & Potential line-ups