Former Celtic forward Charlie Nicholas has criticised Rangers striker Alfredo Morelos, as quoted in The Scottish Sun.
Nicholas believes that Morelos does not look interested, and has claimed that the value of the Rangers striker is dropping due to his poor form.
The Colombia international striker has scored just one goal in 2020, and the Sky Sports pundit has urged the 23-year-old to turn on the style against Bayer Leverkusen in the Europa League.
Rangers will take on Bayer at Ibrox in Glasgow in the first leg of the Europa League Round of 16 on Thursday evening, with the second leg to be played in Germany next week.
The Scottish Sun quotes Nicholas as saying: ”He doesn’t look interested and appears out of shape. When did he last play well? He should be fresh as he sat out three games serving a ban.
“Morelos’ value is dropping and his commitment to Rangers looks to be fading. These big European games are where he can do his manager and club the turn they deserve. Morelos’ reputation is now on the line.
“If he wants a big move in the summer then he has to get back on the boil and this is the stage where he can really be judged.”
Need to step up
Morelos is one of the best strikers in the Scottish Premiership, and the 23-year-old needs to step up.
Rangers have progressed thus far in the Europa League, and manager Steven Gerrard will need all of his players to step up.
There is also a very small chance that the Gers could catch bitter Old Firm rivals Celtic at the top of the Scottish Premiership table.
- Aston Villa in Pole Position to Sign Wantaway Everton Star Lucas Digne
- Chelsea Boss Thomas Tuchel Delivers Verdict on Christian Pulisic’s Display Against Liverpool
- World Cup 2022 Qualification Update: Which Teams have Qualified, Which Teams Are In The Play-offs
- Tottenham Hotspur hold talks over the future of Nuno Espirito Santo
- Why Romelu Lukaku decided to join Chelsea this summer