Liverpool is the preferred destination of RB Leipzig striker Timo Werner if he decides to make a move away from the Red Bull Arena, according to German newspaper Bild.
The 23-year-old has been spectacular this season, notching 20 goals in 18 appearances to help his team dominate the German top flight.
Werner’s goals have been crucial in propelling Julian Nagelsmann’s Leipzig side to the top of the Bundesliga table and then keeping them there, with their current lead standing at four points.
Liverpool have been imperious themselves this season, steamrollering everything in their way to take a commanding lead at the top of the Premier League table.
The champions in waiting have been propelled to success by their amazing front three of Sadio Mane, Roberto Firmino and Mo Salah.
However, should Liverpool lose any of their star men, attacking options are relatively thin on the ground.
The capture of Werner would certainly give the Reds another dimension in the final third and add another goal threat to the already devastating Anfield outfit.
Sky Sports have reported that Liverpool admire the Germany international but will not make a move for him in the January transfer window.
- Mikel Arteta hails Arsenal’s post-international break renaissance
- Man City pair set to miss crucial fixtures against Chelsea, Liverpool and PSG
- Who are the fastest players and 5-star skillers on FIFA 22?
- Robert Lewandowski dedicates his Golden Shoe award to his Bayern Munich teammates
- Reading set for points deduction