Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Christian Eriksen is a man in demand, with Sky Sports claiming that Barcelona have inquired about the talismanic playmaker.
The Dane is in the last six months of his Spurs contract and has resisted attempts by the North London club to extend his stay with the Premier League side.
Tottenham fans have become resigned to losing the gifted midfielder, who has been used sparingly this season by both Mauricio Pochettino and Jose Mourinho due to the player’s contract situation.
Sky Sports claim that Inter Milan are confident of getting a deal for Eriksen over the line, but that Barcelona have also made an inquiry, suggesting potential interest in the Denmark international.
The 27-year-old has been a loyal servant to Tottenham over five-and-a-half years but has tarnished his Spurs legacy somewhat over the last six months.
Eriksen’s attempts to get out of the club have irked the supporters, who booed the Scandinavian at times during Wednesday night’s 2-1 win over Norwich City.
The potential loss of the Dane this month will be softened by the recent form of Giovani Lo Celso, who has started to impress for Tottenham in recent matches.
Spurs supporters will hope that the maximum fee possible is derived from Eriksen’s exit and the money is reinvested in Mourinho’s squad, as the North London side strive to finish in the top four this season.
- Aston Villa in Pole Position to Sign Wantaway Everton Star Lucas Digne
- Chelsea Boss Thomas Tuchel Delivers Verdict on Christian Pulisic’s Display Against Liverpool
- World Cup 2022 Qualification Update: Which Teams have Qualified, Which Teams Are In The Play-offs
- Tottenham Hotspur hold talks over the future of Nuno Espirito Santo
- Why Romelu Lukaku decided to join Chelsea this summer