Tottenham Hotspur are looking to sign a midfielder on loan this January after Moussa Sissoko’s knee injury forced him out of action for three months, according to Sky Sports.
The France international has been a key member of the first team this season, featuring in all but one of Spurs’ Premier League games.
But now with his recovery unlikely to be until April at the earliest, Tottenham are considering signing a new midfielder on loan in this transfer window, the report suggests.
The North London club are facing something of an injury crisis in midfield at the moment with Tanguy Ndombele also out injured for an indefinite amount of time.
This leaves Tottenham manager Jose Mourinho with only Eric Dier, Harry Winks and Victor Wanyama as options in the boiler room.
The Spurs boss could still use Christian Eriksen and Giovani Lo Celso in central midfield, like he did earlier this season, but neither are specialists in that position.
It looks likely that Mourinho will take on a new midfielder this January to help Tottenham fight for a top-four finish in the Premier League – something that the Lilywhites fans will be happy about.
- EFL Cup final preview: Chelsea vs Liverpool – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Napoli submit new offer for Mangala but Nottingham Forest not impressed
- Preview: Fulham vs Arsenal – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: England vs Malta – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Manchester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion – prediction, team news, line-ups