Manchester United are exploring the potential to sign either Odion Ighalo or Islam Slimani on loan for the rest of the season, according to Sky Sports.
The Red Devils are in the midst of an injury crisis in the final third, with top goalscorer Marcus Rashford ruled out for the next few months.
The England international’s sidelining means that United have only Anthony Martial and Mason Greenwood to call upon to lead their line.
The Old Trafford outfit offloaded Romelu Lukaku and Alexis Sanchez in the summer transfer window, with many of the Red Devils supporters perplexed by the lack of replacements for the experienced pair.
United are clearly now in need of reinforcements, with the Premier League top-four hopefuls looking to the loan market in search of a new striker.
Ighalo is currently on the books of Chinese club Shanghai Shenhua but has experience of the Premier League after his time with Watford.
The Nigeria international is a predatory player in the opposition penalty box and has the potential to make United more clinical in front of goal.
Slimani is currently on loan from Leicester City to Monaco but it remains to be seen whether the Algerian would be available to move to Old Trafford for the second half of the campaign.
United lost 2-0 to Burnley on Wednesday night in a disappointing performance and result, with the club back in action this Sunday with an FA Cup clash against Tranmere Rovers.
- Aston Villa in Pole Position to Sign Wantaway Everton Star Lucas Digne
- Chelsea Boss Thomas Tuchel Delivers Verdict on Christian Pulisic’s Display Against Liverpool
- World Cup 2022 Qualification Update: Which Teams have Qualified, Which Teams Are In The Play-offs
- Tottenham Hotspur hold talks over the future of Nuno Espirito Santo
- Why Romelu Lukaku decided to join Chelsea this summer