Glasgow Celtic are trying to thrash out a late transfer deal to sign. Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Victor Wanyama on deadline day, according to Sky Sports.
The Hoops fans know the Kenyan well, with he 28-year-old making his name at Parkhead in a previous spell with the Scottish champions before moving south to Southampton.
Former Celtic man Wanyama has been frozen out at Tottenham and is being linked with an exit from North London before the window closes as Jose Mourinho looks to streamline his Spurs squad.
The Bhoys have excellent options in the centre of midfield but with talisman Scott Brown not getting any younger, Neil Lennon will be looking for a long-term replacement.
Signing Wanyama would represent something of a coup for Celtic as the African enforcer has been linked with a number of top European clubs and still has what it takes to star at the top level.
Celtic have looked to strengthen in the January window and need reinforcements as they still have three competitions to compete in and have a fight on their hands to retain the top-flight title.
The Bhoys are reliant on Brown in midfield and if a late deal for Wanyama could be wrapped up in time it would be a serious statement of intent b the Parkhead club.
Celtic have a five-point gap at the top of the table currently but have played a game more than second-placed Rangers.
- Aston Villa in Pole Position to Sign Wantaway Everton Star Lucas Digne
- Chelsea Boss Thomas Tuchel Delivers Verdict on Christian Pulisic’s Display Against Liverpool
- World Cup 2022 Qualification Update: Which Teams have Qualified, Which Teams Are In The Play-offs
- Tottenham Hotspur hold talks over the future of Nuno Espirito Santo
- Why Romelu Lukaku decided to join Chelsea this summer