Serge Atakayi has sent a message to Rangers on Twitter after leaving the Ibrox club this week.
Atakayi has left Steven Gerrard’s side to join SJK Seinajoki on a permanent contract.
The 20-year-old forward spent five months on the sidelines with an ankle ligament injury and could make just one appearance for the Rangers senior team during his time at Ibrox.
The young Finnish forward signed from FK Jaro in Finland three years ago and was impressive in the Rangers youth team.
Rangers will get paid £100,000 by SJK Seinajoki for Atakayi, as reported by The Daily Record, and the youngster has sent an emotional message to the Gers.
@RangersFC pic.twitter.com/OJksOddjy1— Satakayi45 (@satakayi45) 31 December 2019
Atakayi is a very good and promising young forward, but it was always going to be hard for him to break into the Rangers first team.
After all, the Gers have two of the best strikers in the Scottish Premiership in Alfredo Morelos and Jermain Defoe, and the Ibrox club are also aiming to win the league title this season.
- Preview: England vs Ukraine Preview – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Travel & accessibility details for four key Champions League ties
- Liverpool not for sale, insists owner John Henry
- Manchester United vs Leicester City Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups
- Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Liverpool Preview – Prediction, how to watch & Potential line-ups