Sergio Aguero is reportedly trying to exit Barcelona after the club confirmed Lionel Messi has left.
As per Beteve’s La Porteria programme, the 33-year-old has told his lawyers to see whether he can cancel his contract at Camp Nou.
Despite interest from several other clubs, the experienced striker decided to join the Spanish outfit because he wanted to play alongside his fellow Argentina international.
He is angry that Messi has departed the club after he was given assurances the Argentine’s contract issues would be resolved.
The six-time Ballon d’Or winner was expected to pen a new deal after the expiry of his contract last month.
The two parties were keen to ink a new deal, but they could not do so due to financial restrictions in La Liga.
Paris Saint-Germain are leading the race for Messi, with Manchester City ruling themselves out.
Manchester United have already signed Raphael Varane and Jadon Sancho, but they are keen on a move for Messi (as per the Express).
The forward has played his whole career at Barcelona, winning ten La Liga titles and four Champions League trophies.
- Reading set for points deduction
- Marcos Alonso to stop taking the knee before games
- Roy Keane urges Manchester United to sign Declan Rice from West Ham United
- Manchester United planning to put seven players on transfer list
- Pundit claims Harry Kane has been affected by transfer talk – he has no one to blame but himself