Sergio Aguero is reportedly trying to exit Barcelona after the club confirmed Lionel Messi has left.
As per Beteve’s La Porteria programme, the 33-year-old has told his lawyers to see whether he can cancel his contract at Camp Nou.
Despite interest from several other clubs, the experienced striker decided to join the Spanish outfit because he wanted to play alongside his fellow Argentina international.
He is angry that Messi has departed the club after he was given assurances the Argentine’s contract issues would be resolved.
The six-time Ballon d’Or winner was expected to pen a new deal after the expiry of his contract last month.
The two parties were keen to ink a new deal, but they could not do so due to financial restrictions in La Liga.
Paris Saint-Germain are leading the race for Messi, with Manchester City ruling themselves out.
Manchester United have already signed Raphael Varane and Jadon Sancho, but they are keen on a move for Messi (as per the Express).
The forward has played his whole career at Barcelona, winning ten La Liga titles and four Champions League trophies.
- Liverpool Transfers Update: Mane edging closer to Anfield exit as Klopp eyes midfield reinforcements
- Tottenham Hotspur ready to fork out £43m to land Alessandro Bastoni’s alternative
- Chelsea vs Liverpool FA Cup Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Liverpool vs Everton Preview
- FA Cup Final Preview; Chelsea Star Eyed By Real Madrid & Liverpool Target Barcelona Starlet