Some Chelsea fans on Twitter do not appear to be too enamoured with the possibility of seeing Moussa Dembele playing his football at Stamford Bridge.
According to an exclusive by Get French Football News, the Blues are understood to have made an opening bid for the Olympique de Lyonnais forward.
No fee has been revealed, whilst there is no mention as to whether the Ligue One outfit would be prepared to even entertain the offer from the Premier League giants.
Dembele has been in fine form since leaving west London neighbours Fulham in 2016, as he has been hugely lethal for both Celtic and Lyon.
According to data collected by TransferMarkt, the £36m-rated forward had managed to hit 51 goals in his 94 appearances for the Bhoys, whereas he has hit 30 in 71 matches for the French outfit.
However, it appears a number of the Chelsea faithful are not too keen on the possibility of having the 23-year-old forward in SW6.
Twitter handle The Blues shared the recent report with their followers and many appeared to have negative reactions to the news almost immediately.
In fact, one supporter went as far to say that he would be a ‘second Loic Remy’ – perhaps referencing the fact that the current Lille forward only managed to net 12 goals in his 47 appearances for the club (per TransferMarkt).
Here is just some of the reaction the Chelsea faithful had to the news regarding an opening offer for Dembele…
- Aston Villa in Pole Position to Sign Wantaway Everton Star Lucas Digne
- Chelsea Boss Thomas Tuchel Delivers Verdict on Christian Pulisic’s Display Against Liverpool
- World Cup 2022 Qualification Update: Which Teams have Qualified, Which Teams Are In The Play-offs
- Tottenham Hotspur hold talks over the future of Nuno Espirito Santo
- Why Romelu Lukaku decided to join Chelsea this summer