Italian outfit Sassuolo are interested in signing Liverpool’s Marko Grujic as a potential replacement for Manuel Locatelli, according to transfer expert Fabrizio Romano.
The 23-year-old was one of the stars for the Italian team that won the recently concluded European Championships and he is almost certain to join a new club before the start of the new season.
There is no doubt that a number of clubs playing in the Champions League would have taken notice of Locatelli’s talent. He will be keen to join a new club in order to take his career to the next level.
Meanwhile, Liverpool should really look to offload Grujic as it would be a beneficial move for both club and country. At 25-years-old, it’s now certain that he does not have much of a future at Anfield and now should join a club that can provide him with a sense of stability.
Grujic joined Liverpool from Red Star Belgrade in 2016 and has since gone on to make just eight league appearances for the club.
In that time, he has had loan spells with the likes of Belgrade, Cardiff City, Hertha Berlin and most recently FC Porto.
By moving to Sassuolo, Grujic will be almost certain of regular game time and will also be getting an opportunity to take his career to the next level. The Serie A club finished eighth in the Italian top-flight last term and their aim for the season ahead will be to try to qualify for the Europa League.
- Liverpool Transfers Update: Mane edging closer to Anfield exit as Klopp eyes midfield reinforcements
- Tottenham Hotspur ready to fork out £43m to land Alessandro Bastoni’s alternative
- Chelsea vs Liverpool FA Cup Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Liverpool vs Everton Preview
- FA Cup Final Preview; Chelsea Star Eyed By Real Madrid & Liverpool Target Barcelona Starlet