Rio Ferdinand has suggested that Son Heung-Min could be an excellent signing for Manchester United. The South Korean has established himself as one of the world’s best wingers this season and is now arguably as important to the Spurs first-team as Harry Kane.
The 28-year-old scored a wonderful goal last weekend as the Lilywhites secured a comfortable 2-0 win over North London rivals Arsenal.
Son and Kane have established themselves as a lethal attacking partnership, and there are few attacking pairings that can match them in terms of chemistry in the modern era.
The North Londoners might launch a title challenge this season, but that will largely depend on the form of their star attacking players.
“But Son, man. If there was a player that I could take now [at Manchester United] that I feel would get the ball, he would be up there as one of my first picks, definitely in my top three,” said Ferdinand, as quoted by Football.London.
“I love the way he plays, he is direct, he hurts teams, wants to score all the time, can go off both feet, and he looks like a fantastic lad as well, so who is the best Asian player to play in the Premier League?”
The 28-year-old has turned out to be a massive success in the Premier League since joining Spurs from German club Bayer Leverkusen in 2015.
- Preview: Nottingham Forest vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: England vs Ukraine Preview – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Travel & accessibility details for four key Champions League ties
- Liverpool not for sale, insists owner John Henry
- Manchester United vs Leicester City Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups