Wolverhampton Wanderers have been offered the chance to sign former Brazilian international Hulk as a replacement for Raul Jimenez, according to Football Insider.
Jimenez is currently out of action due to injury. The Mexican has attracted a lot of praise due to his performances for Nuno Espirito Santo’s side over the past few years and has long been touted with moves to high-profile clubs.
Nuno will look into bringing in a striker in the January transfer market to fill the void that has been created by the absence of Jimenez.
The report added that Hulk is keen to challenge himself in the Premier League after recently ending his four-year spell with Chinese club Shanghai SIPG.
There is no denying that Hulk is past his prime, and he has never played in one of Europe’s top five leagues. It is also uncertain whether he will cope with the cultural adaptation that will come with a move to England.
However, he has excelled with every club throughout his 16-year career. His record and history do suggest that he will be able to adapt well to new surroundings. Wolves must ideally try to get a younger striker who is familiar with English football.
- Preview: Nottingham Forest vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: England vs Ukraine Preview – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Travel & accessibility details for four key Champions League ties
- Liverpool not for sale, insists owner John Henry
- Manchester United vs Leicester City Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups