According to The Telegraph, Wolverhampton Wanderers are bracing themselves for bids for star winger Adama Traore in the summer of 2020.
It has been reported that the former Aston Villa winger has admirers in England and could cost more than the £89.3 million that Manchester United paid Juventus for Paul Pogba in 2016.
Progressing at Wolverhampton Wanderers
Traore joined Wolves from Middlesbrough in the summer of 2018 for a transfer fee reported by BBC Sport to be worth £18 million.
The former Barcelona prospect has progressed well under manager Nuno at the Wanderers.
According to WhoScored, the 24-year-old has made 21 starts and three substitute appearances in the Premier League for Wolves so far this season, scoring four goals and providing seven assists in the process.
The winger has also made two starts and three substitute appearances in the Europa League for the Wanderers this campaign, scoring one goal in the process, according to WhoScored.
During the 2018-19 campaign, the Spaniard made eight starts and 21 substitute appearances in the league, scoring one goal and providing one assist in the process, according to WhoScored.
Traore’s potential has been there for all to see since he moved to England, with his searing pace and physique making him an exciting raw talent.
However, there was previously a criticism that the Wolves forward lacked end product after he powered himself into good positions.
This season, with Nuno’s coaching clearly having an impact, Traore has scored and assisted important goals and looks to be more consistent when he gets into dangerous positions.
- Tottenham Hotspur fans critical of Dele Alli’s performance in the north London derby
- Arsenal fans react to Aaron Ramsdale’s performance in the north London derby
- Emile Smith Rowe reacts on Twitter after Arsenal’s stunning north London derby win
- Hugo Lloris admits Tottenham Hotspur were outclassed by Arsenal in the north London derby
- Mikel Arteta confirms worrying injury blow for Arsenal midfielder Granit Xhaka