According to Il Mattino, West Ham United are interested in signing Stanislav Lobotka from Celta de Vigo in the January transfer window.
It has been reported West Ham are making a late move to pip Napoli to the signature of the 25-year-old midfielder.
According to the report, Spanish club Celta want €27 million (£22.85 million) as transfer fee for the Slovakia international, while Italian outfit Napoli – who have progressed to the knockout rounds of the Champions League this season – want to secure the services of the former Nordsjaelland star on loan for the rest of the season with a view to a €20 million (£16.92 million) permanent deal, with an extra €2 million (£1.69) million in bonuses.
Lobotka has been on the books of Celta since 2017 and is one of the better midfielders in La Liga.
According to WhoScored, the Slovakian has made 17 appearances in La Liga for Celta so far this season, while during the 2018-19 campaign, the midfielder made 27 starts and four substitute appearances in the league, providing one assist in the process.
- From Lewandowski to Eriksen – 10 Best Transfers In July 2022
- Best EPL pre-season matches to watch this weekend
- Liverpool Transfers Update: Mane edging closer to Anfield exit as Klopp eyes midfield reinforcements
- Tottenham Hotspur ready to fork out £43m to land Alessandro Bastoni’s alternative
- Chelsea vs Liverpool FA Cup Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups