According to Sky Sports, West Ham United are interested in signing Matty Cash from Nottingham Forest in the January transfer window.
It has been reported that Premier League outfit West Ham have made an initial bid of £10 million with £2m in add-ons for the right-back.
AC Milan and Southampton are also reported to be interested in the 22-year-old Forest star, who can also operate in midfield.
Good signing for West Ham United?
West Ham could do with a new right-back in the January transfer window, with Ryan Fredericks injured at the moment.
Pablo Zabaleta is past his prime, and a player such as Cash who is young and promising would make the Hammers a much better team at the back.
Staying at Nottingham Forest
However, for Forest, it would make sense for them not to sell the right-back, as they are very much in the running for automatic promotion to the Premier League.
The Reds are fourth in the Championship table at the moment with 48 points from 28 matches, just four points behind second-placed Leeds United.
- Liverpool Transfers Update: Mane edging closer to Anfield exit as Klopp eyes midfield reinforcements
- Tottenham Hotspur ready to fork out £43m to land Alessandro Bastoni’s alternative
- Chelsea vs Liverpool FA Cup Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Liverpool vs Everton Preview
- FA Cup Final Preview; Chelsea Star Eyed By Real Madrid & Liverpool Target Barcelona Starlet