According to Samp News 24, West Ham United are interested in signing Ronaldo Vieira from Sampdoria in the January transfer window.
It has been reported that West Ham made an offer to Sampdoria, but the Italian club have turned it down.
The Hammers are claimed to have a bid of €14 million (£11.82 million) for the former Leeds United midfielder.
However, according to the report, Sampdoria have turned down the offer from David Moyes’ team and plan to keep the 21-year-old until the end of the season.
According to WhoScored, Vieira has made 16 starts and one substitute appearance in Serie A for Sampdoria so far this season, providing one assist in the process.
During the 2018-19 campaign, the England Under-21 international made six starts and eight substitute appearances in the league, according to WhoScored.
West Ham are in danger of getting relegated to the Championship at the end of the season.
The Hammers are 17th in the Premier League table at the moment with 23 points from as many matches, level on points with third-from-bottom Bournemouth.
- Preview: England vs Ukraine Preview – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Travel & accessibility details for four key Champions League ties
- Liverpool not for sale, insists owner John Henry
- Manchester United vs Leicester City Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups
- Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Liverpool Preview – Prediction, how to watch & Potential line-ups