According to Sky Sports, West Ham United are battling Manchester United for Benfica midfielder Gedson Fernandes.
It has been reported that new West Ham manager David Moyes wants to sign a new midfielder in the January transfer window.
The report has also claimed that United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer wants to add a central midfielder to his team this month.
Portuguese giants Benfica reportedly want to loan out the 20-year-old Portugal international for 18 months with an option to buy.
Fernandes has been at Benfica since 2009 and is one of the best young midfielders in Europe.
According to WhoScored, the 20-year-old has made two starts and four substitute appearances in the league for Benfica, and has played 136 minutes in the Champions League so far this season.
During the 2018-19 campaign, the midfielder made 11 starts and 11 substitute appearances in the league, five starts and one substitute appearance in the Europa League, and five starts and one substitute appearance in the Champions League, according to WhoScored.
- Mikel Arteta hails Arsenal’s post-international break renaissance
- Man City pair set to miss crucial fixtures against Chelsea, Liverpool and PSG
- Who are the fastest players and 5-star skillers on FIFA 22?
- Robert Lewandowski dedicates his Golden Shoe award to his Bayern Munich teammates
- Reading set for points deduction