Turkish reporter Atakan Kurt has claimed that West Ham tried and failed to sign Besiktas striker Cyle Larin for €15 million on Deadline Day.
The 25-year-old has been in brilliant form in the Super Lig this season as he has scored 12 goals and made three assists in 20 appearances.
The journalist also claimed that the Canadian was not keen on moving away from Turkey at this point in his career.
Larin has been at Besiktas since 2018 after he earned his move to Europe on the back of some impressive displays for Orlando City in the United States. During his spell in the MLS, he scored 43 goals in 87 games.
His performances saw him named the 2015 MLS Rookie of the Year Award.
Larin’s first two seasons in Turkey were subdued, but he has started to come to life for the club this season, and he has established himself as a key member of the first-team.
Clubs across Europe would have taken note of Larin’s fine form this season, and it will be interesting to monitor his situation in the summer.
- Chelsea vs Liverpool FA Cup Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Liverpool vs Everton Preview
- FA Cup Final Preview; Chelsea Star Eyed By Real Madrid & Liverpool Target Barcelona Starlet
- Five Cracking Soccer Fixtures To Stream In April 2022￼
- Arsenal star Bukayo Saka drops Champions League hint amid Man City’s interest