According to Football Insider, West Ham United will make a bid for Genk midfielder Sander Berge this weekend.
It has been reported that West Ham will make a formal bid for the 21-year-old midfielder, with Belgian club Genk open to selling the youngster in the January transfer window.
The report has claimed that the Premier League club’s offer will be in excess of £10 million.
Good signing for West Ham United?
Berge has been at Genk since 2017 and has established himself as an important player in the Belgian club’s team.
According to WhoScored, the Norway international has scored four goals in 21 Jupiler League games and has played six times in the Champions League for Genk so far this season.
West Ham are in a fight against the dreaded drop to the Championship at the end of the season and recently appointed David Moyes as their new manager.
The Hammers are 16th in the Premier League table at the moment with 22 points from 20 matches, just two points above the relegation zone.
- Luka Shaw deems Man United ‘way too easy to play against’ after Liverpool demolition
- Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta waxes lyrical about Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang’s leadership skills
- Man City boss Pep Guardiola responds to Raheem Sterling exit hint
- Jurgen Klopp voices his concern about controversial Newcastle United takeover
- Raheem Sterling reveals his frustration with lack of game time at Manchester City