West Ham’s Declan Rice has emerged as a top target for Chelsea, according to TalkSport’s Alex Crook.
Chelsea’s form has taken a significant dip in recent weeks, leaving Frank Lampard’s job on the line.
The Blues are winless in their last three Premier League games, having lost two of those games against Arsenal and Manchester City.
The loss against the Gunners was humiliating given that Mikel Arteta’s side has been struggling for form and consistency this season.
Lampard’s job security has been questioned, and he may look to make some signings this month in order to turn the club’s results around.
Rice is well known at Stamford Bridge after coming through the Blues youth development system before being released and joining West Ham.
Rice is a key player for West Ham, and the Hammers will be very hesitant to let him go in the January window.
The defensive midfielder has become an England international with the Hammers, but he will be aware that he will have to leave it at some point in order to take his career to the next level.
- Mikel Arteta hails Arsenal’s post-international break renaissance
- Man City pair set to miss crucial fixtures against Chelsea, Liverpool and PSG
- Who are the fastest players and 5-star skillers on FIFA 22?
- Robert Lewandowski dedicates his Golden Shoe award to his Bayern Munich teammates
- Reading set for points deduction