West Ham’s Declan Rice has emerged as a top target for Chelsea, according to TalkSport’s Alex Crook.
Chelsea’s form has taken a significant dip in recent weeks, leaving Frank Lampard’s job on the line.
The Blues are winless in their last three Premier League games, having lost two of those games against Arsenal and Manchester City.
The loss against the Gunners was humiliating given that Mikel Arteta’s side has been struggling for form and consistency this season.
Lampard’s job security has been questioned, and he may look to make some signings this month in order to turn the club’s results around.
Rice is well known at Stamford Bridge after coming through the Blues youth development system before being released and joining West Ham.
Rice is a key player for West Ham, and the Hammers will be very hesitant to let him go in the January window.
The defensive midfielder has become an England international with the Hammers, but he will be aware that he will have to leave it at some point in order to take his career to the next level.
- Liverpool Transfers Update: Mane edging closer to Anfield exit as Klopp eyes midfield reinforcements
- Tottenham Hotspur ready to fork out £43m to land Alessandro Bastoni’s alternative
- Chelsea vs Liverpool FA Cup Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Liverpool vs Everton Preview
- FA Cup Final Preview; Chelsea Star Eyed By Real Madrid & Liverpool Target Barcelona Starlet