West Ham have opened talks with Reims for striker Boulaye Dia, according to The London Evening Standard.
The Hammers opted to sell striker Sebastien Haller last week, as the club’s record signing moved to Ajax. It is imperative that they replace the outgoing striker, as it already looks to be a position where they are particularly light.
Michail Antonio has become a fan favourite at the London Stadium. However, injury problems have plagued the Englishman throughout the 2020-21 season.
Dia has been impressive in the Ligue 1 this season and has scored 12 goals in 17 games.
Ligue 1 clubs have suffered heavily this season due to the financial problems caused by the COVID-19 pandemic and Reims will likely be willing to listen to offers for the striker.
Dia’s form in France suggests that he should be good enough to score goals in the English Premier League.
It could be argued that the 24-year-old will excel as a player with West Ham, as he will be surrounded by better players than he is currently playing with.
However, the Hammers will need to move quickly to sign the Frenchman, as West Bromwich Albion and Newcastle United are also interested.
- Aston Villa in Pole Position to Sign Wantaway Everton Star Lucas Digne
- Chelsea Boss Thomas Tuchel Delivers Verdict on Christian Pulisic’s Display Against Liverpool
- World Cup 2022 Qualification Update: Which Teams have Qualified, Which Teams Are In The Play-offs
- Tottenham Hotspur hold talks over the future of Nuno Espirito Santo
- Why Romelu Lukaku decided to join Chelsea this summer