Tottenham have been offered the opportunity to sign out of favour Real Madrid striker Mariano Diaz, according to The Daily Mail.
The Dominican Republic international has hardly impressed since joining Los Bancos in 2018 from Lyon. He has scored just four goals from 19 La Liga appearances and is now surplus to requirements at the Santiago Bernabeu.
West Ham may need to look to bolster their frontline options soon.
Whilst Michail Antonio is doing a fine job in terms of leading the line for the club, the 30-year-old is injury prone.
Sébastien Haller has also been less than impressive since he joined the Hammers from Eintracht Frankfurt in the summer of 2019.
Haller may not be a fit at the London Stadium, and David Moyes’ side must consider moving him on next summer if his performances do not improve.
The 27-year-old Diaz could be an excellent addition to the Hammers squad.
Whilst his time with Madrid has not gone according to plan, he did show glimpses of quality during his season-long spell with Lyon, which yielded 18 Ligue 1 goals from 37 appearances.
A change of environment and less pressure may just be what he needs to start performing again.
- Chelsea vs Liverpool FA Cup Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Liverpool vs Everton Preview
- FA Cup Final Preview; Chelsea Star Eyed By Real Madrid & Liverpool Target Barcelona Starlet
- Five Cracking Soccer Fixtures To Stream In April 2022￼
- Arsenal star Bukayo Saka drops Champions League hint amid Man City’s interest